Videos: Posting Videos from YouTube
When you want to include promotional videos on your website, we recommend loading the video into an account with a video streaming service like YouTube or Vimeo, then referencing the video on your site. These videos will play directly on your website, but will be hosted on the video service server.
Here are the steps:
1. Create an account with the portal site where you will be hosting the video. This should be free.
2. Prepare the video based on the recommendations of the portal site. Typically, you should be able to create a .mov (quicktime) or a .wmv (Windows Media Viewer) file.
3. Upload the video. Sometimes there is a required approval process for uploaded video, so it will not be immediately available.
Getting the Embedded Video Code from YouTube
To get the embed code on YouTube:
1. View the page that contains your video
2. Click the "Share" button.
3. Then click the "Embed" button to find the code and copy it.
There used to be an option to uncheck the "Show suggested videos when the video finishes," but that option is no longer available.
4. There may be options to choose an appropriate size for your video from one of the preset sizes. (Ask your HEROweb designer if there are specific dimensions you should set.)
Adding the Video to Your Website
- Navigate to the page in your site manager where you wish to insert the video.
- Click the insert video link on the page
If you do not see the insert video link, see "Adding Video in Older versions" below.
- Enter the embed code, then click Insert
Adding Videos From Vimeo
The steps to add a video from the video service Vimeo will be similar to what is given above. The steps will generally be to navigate to the video you want to share and then click the share or embed button for options for the next step to appear. However, with Vimeo, the options that appear will be different based on whether you have a paid account or not.
If Your Video Displays Behind other Content
Sometimes your video may appear behind other content on your pages. If you have navigation that contains pop-outs, there could be an issue with the navigation popping out behind the video in certain browser. One way to help prevent this is to add a wmode parameter to the video code, like this:
In other words, you are adding
Adding Video in Older Versions of MightyMerchant
If you do not see an the insert video icon follow these instructions.
1. Add the embed code, surrounded by html tags:
2. Save changes in the editor and the Site Manager.