Google: Google Analytics Setup
MightyMerchant provides detailed web site traffic and sales statistics through Google Analytics. With Google Analytics you can have access to a vast trove of information that can help you understand where your customers are coming from and how your site is performing.
Here's what you need to do to get started:
1. From the Google home page (http://google.com) click on "Business" (it's at the bottom of the page), then click Google Analytics (listed at the bottom of the page under "Measure & Learn").
2. Click on "Sign In" in the upper right-hand corner of the page, and select "Google Analytics." If you already have a Google account, just enter your Google account Email and Password.
3. If you do not have a Google account, click on the link that reads "Create Account." Walk through the Google Account setup (you will use an email address and password of your choosing). You'll see a form to sign up for Analytics at the bottom of the page. Click Continue, then hit the large button "Sign Up."
4. You'll enter your website URL and agree to some official language. After you add a domain, you will be given some code that is specific to that domain. Copy and paste this information into an email and send it to us so we can install it on your site. If we host multiple sites for you, please indicate which site the code is for.
We recommend giving MightyMerchant access to your Analytics data so we can help you troubleshoot any issues that arise. If you prefer not to, you can skip to step 6.
5. Visit the Sharing Google Analytics Data page for steps on adding MightyMerchant to your account.
6. Once this code is added, you will be able to track site statistics through your Google Analytics account. To access your account, go to http://google.com , click Sign In, then sign in, then click My Account, then Analytics.